Merrick to participate in the 2nd UK Turkish Overseas Investment Forum on 26th April 2019
Merrick’s Managing Director, Mark Norris is to speak at the 2nd UK Turkish Overseas Investment Forum which is being held on 26th April 2019 at the Waldorf Hilton in London.
The Forum is focused on enabling Turkish companies and investors to set up and invest in the UK market and will be opened by Alderman Emma Edhem, Chairman, Turkish British Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
The Keynote Address will be given by His Excellency Ümit Yalçın, Ambassador of the Republic of Turkey to the United Kingdom.
The UK’s legal and regulatory framework, transparency, and accountability continues to attract Turkish investment, particularly in the UK Real Estate market which is the number one choice for Turkish investors, followed by the USA and Eastern Europe.
To date Merrick has transacted circa £90m of investment projects in UK Real Estate with Turkish investors and Mark Norris will be discussing ‘UK Construction and Real Estate: Helping Turkish companies plan, invest and expand’ with a panel of industry experts.
In particular the session will focus on:
- Current and future UK real estate market trends
- What are the key sectors offering good financial returns: residential, co-working office space, hotels, other
- Investing in London vs other major UK cities – pro’s and cons
- The investment and asset life cycle and its available profit levels throughout
- How to invest – smaller project(s), investment clubs, JV or corporate acquisition?
- Professionalising the project evaluation, investment and management approach
- Lessons learned and pitfalls to avoid for new investors
For the full event programme see: 2nd UK Turkish Overseas Investment Forum.